Minutes of meeting 3rd September.
1. The Police gave a report dealing with the parking situation in Hithermoor road following the letter that was sent out. For the most part residents have taken note and are co-operating. There were questions about responses to dirt bike riders on Bretts land and the possibility of further parking spaces being made available.
2. Councillors Report. Cllr Gohil gave his report including news about planning for 4 properties on the land formally occupied by the Hope Inn having been cancelled. Pocket Park work, cleaning and cutting to take place once ownership has been established ; Thames Water or EA. A2 application to remove six garages and replace with two storage units. Those residents against this should call Kelly Walker as soon as possible. Cllr Gohil has written to Cllr Agarwal to make some money available for Highway repairs on the Moor.
3. Gravel. Andrew McLuskey spoke about the most recent developments in the Gravel situation, gathered from work that both he and John Lear had been involved with. Under new legislation it is now permissible to object under social and environmental concerns and Andrew has placed such an objection. Andrew was then unable to continue his presentation due to disturbance caused by four residents.
4. As a result of the disturbance a number of residents left the Hall and as a result we were not able to make the presentation about UCH and parking. It was thus announced that this would be raised at the next meeting on Monday 29th October.
5. AOB Sharndeep Dev who is a pharmacist explained that he was looking into the possibility of opening a Chemist on the Moor. It was agreed that further information would be made available to residents in various ways. Post Office. Residents were urged to support oyr local Post Office and its bid to win the DVLA contract. The matter of three trees in the river in Staines was raised and questioned if this could cause a potential flood risk.
The Meeting ended at 9:05pm